← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Wellformed?
Just a quick sanity check I am tying to work on some conformance and want to make sure I am correct: The following is wellformed: =================== <!DOCTYPE doc [ <!ENTITY e "<foo bar1:att='att' bar2:att='att'>test</foo>"> ]> <doc xmlns:bar1="http://www.example1.org" xmlns:bar2="http://www.example2.org"> <child>&e;</child> </doc> But the following is not: ================ <!DOCTYPE doc [ <!ENTITY e "<foo bar1:att='att' bar2:att='att'>test</foo>"> ]> <doc xmlns:bar1="http://www.example.org" xmlns:bar2="http://www.example.org"> <child>&e;</child> </doc> I have even tried: =========== <!DOCTYPE doc [ <!ELEMENT doc (child)> <!ATTLIST doc xmlns:bar1 CDATA #IMPLIED xmlns:bar2 CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ELEMENT child (foo)> <!ELEMENT foo (#PCDATA)*> <!ATTLIST foo bar1:att CDATA #IMPLIED bar2:att CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ENTITY e "<foo bar1:att='att' bar2:att='att'>test</foo>"> ]> <doc xmlns:bar1="http://www.example1.org" xmlns:bar2="http://www.example2.org"> <child>&e;</child> </doc> Basically, I am getting errors (even for the WF files) and the results are all over the map. I knew that expansion of entity references (and WF checking therein) was spotty-- but combine that with namespace scoping and things get downright crazy. It seems that only Xerces handles this the way I would expect... but then I am not sure that is right. The XML Rec claims that the literal must be WF on it's own-- is that possible with a colon in one of the attribute names (without a namespace decl?). Maybe the MSXML parser which claims that there is an undeclared prefix is more correct. Pointers to any documents exploring this are very welcome. Thanks, Jeff Rafter
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread