← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

ANN: Piccolo 1.04 released

From
Yuval Oren <>
To
Date
2004-07-14T07:53:26Z
ID
<>
Thread
ANN: Piccolo 1.04 released
Hi folks,

I'm having trouble with Sourceforge mailing lists, so I figured I'd just
post this here.

I’m happy to announce the release (at last) of version 1.04 of the Piccolo
XML parser for Java. This is a maintenance release but contains a few
noteworthy changes:

    * I’m changing the Piccolo license over to the Apache License 2.0, so
that it may be used by XMLBeans and other Apache projects

    * Many thanks to Eric Vasilik and Cezar Andrei from BEA for these
enhancements:
-          relicensing from LGPL to Apache License Version 2.0
-          line info for start elements on the "<".
-          added getVersion and getEncoding to the parser
-          bug fixing for attribute localname
-          added more encodings to the charsetTable

    * Benchmarks have been updated and now test the latest parser versions

    * All reported bugs should now be fixed

    * Performance has been improved by up to 10% over previous versions

    * Piccolo now attempts to avoid blocking I/O calls, so that it can
read from always-open network streams

    * Internal improvements; build scripts have been enhanced to include
automated testing


As always, you can download Piccolo and obtain more information at
http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/.

Cheers,
Yuval Oren
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread