Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace ins ide HTML?

From
Bullard, Claude L (Len) <>
To
'Joshua Allen' <>
Date
2004-07-19T20:03:40Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace ins ide HTML?
Ok.  They need the PI though given those are triples 
and out-of-band info associated to in-band info.  Let's 
see what the editing apps do to support the PIs.

Later on, I found an example where they were declared 
via xmlns: 

<?Mapping XmlNamespace="animC"
ClrNamespace="MSAvalon.Windows.Media.Animation" 
                               Assembly="PresentationCore" ?>
<?Mapping XmlNamespace="animF"
ClrNamespace="MSAvalon.Windows.Media.Animation" 
                               Assembly="PresentationFramework" ?>
<Border
       xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/xaml"
       xmlns:animC="animC"
       xmlns:animF="animF"
       xmlns:def="Definition"
       Background="BlanchedAlmond" 
   >

So now I am wondering what the rules are.  Perhaps the earlier 
example was an oversight; perhaps it is required in some 
cases; perhaps it is not required but is allowed.

As to choices of PI names, they can be as grandiose as they 
like.  I never believe HTML is THE hypertext markup language. 
Events prove me wrong.  ;-)

len


From: Joshua Allen [mailto:]

I can speculate about why it was designed that way, but it's still icky
IMO.  Two things:

1) I would prefer the "stat" to be declared like a regular XMLNS
2) A PI with a name like ?Mapping is a bit grandiose.  Like nobody else
would ever want that name?  It should be scoped IMO.
Next in thread → Next in month →