Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Choosing the correct XML API

From
Robert Koberg <>
To
Dare Obasanjo <>
Date
2004-07-03T19:36:40Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Choosing the correct XML API
Dare Obasanjo wrote:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml05192004.asp 
> 
>  
>
I have recently switched from the 3+(?) year long beta of JDOM (a beta 
that changes contracts at the last minute...) to dom4j. It has been a 
very happy experience which has increased speed and reduced memory 
utilization. After using both, I would definitely choose dom4j. Though a 
java person (mainly because of the price...), I have been investigating 
MS solutions because (now that people can make money again?) the Open 
Source community is seemingly going commercial for some apps. If that is 
the case, imo, it could cost more to use java than to buy from MS. I 
don't know yet -- we'll see...

best,
-Rob
Next in thread → Next in month →