RE: [xml-dev] Namespace issues in 2nd order xslt (e.g. Schematron)

From
Hunsberger, Peter <>
To
Oleg Dulin <>,
Date
2004-08-17T18:34:56Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Namespace issues in 2nd order xslt (e.g. Schematron)
Oleg Dulin <> asks:

> 
> I have a big problem with xslt, but most importantly with 
> schematron :-)
> 
> Essentially  all I am doing is defining a 2nd order XSL 
> transform -- a 
> schematron rules file is transformed into an XSL which is 
> then applied 
> to an XML file.
> 
> My problem is using xpaths in the 2nd order XSL transform that use 
> namespace prefixes undefined in the 1st order transform. All that I 
> really need is to simply declare xmlns attributes.
> 
> Is there any way to do this in xsl ?
> 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem but isn't this what the
Schematron NS tag is for?