← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Next in thread →
Next in month →
RE: [xml-dev] Elements vs. attributes was: Are people really usi ng Identity constraints specified in XML schema?
Umm.. not my post. It's a post I replied to. I understand
dynamic late bound systems.
len
From: [mailto:]
Len,
You did indeed get the address idea right. CAM allows you to customize the
layouts and tags to the local community - while retaining references to the
global dictionary definitions. This is much cleaner than namespaces BTW.
Quoting "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <>:
But the flexibility of XML is that it can be heterogenous. . . and how to
understand when you will get what structure is the purpose of attributes. .
. so the more context sensitive XML modeler (who understands the
requirements first) might use:
<address country="us">
<street />
<city />
<state />
<zipCode />
</address>
for US address, and the the following for UK addresses:
<address country="uk">
<buildingName />
<street />
<city />
<postalCode />
</address>
I am not aware of a way to use Schema to enforce a substructure based on a
value in an attribute, but from the short look at CAM that I have done, this
seems to be exactly what it was designed to do. . . combine snippets of
variants together into a complete document that is very context aware.
David, did I get that right?
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Next in thread →
Next in month →