Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Article on JAXP 1.3 "Fast and Easy XML Processing")

From
Wolfgang Hoschek <>
To
Elliotte Harold <>
Date
2005-02-23T20:24:45Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Article on JAXP 1.3 "Fast and Easy XML Processing")
On Feb 23, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:
>
>> Just run pretty much any query over more than toy data, say 1 - 100 
>> MB instead of 1 KB.
>> For example, simply run a benchmark driver such as
>> java -server nux.xom.tests.XQueryBenchmark 1000 3 xom 
>> samples/data/randj.xml samples/xpath/queries1.xml
>> The only reason I didn't publish the results for XOM's Jaxen XPath is 
>> because I considered them too embarrassing for you. It really escapes 
>> me why you are asking for it. Shall I really attach the catastrophic 
>> numbers to this mail?
>
> Feel free to attach any numbers you want, but numbers that don't come 
> with verifiable, testable data are pretty much meaningless. Again I 
> ask, if you have a real test case send it to me or send it the 
> xom-interest mailing list, and I can look at it. But without the 
> actual raw data that's used to generate the numbers, it's all just hot 
> air.
>

Download Nux and run the command given above. Data and queries are part 
of the download. That's it, and you know it. No need to act like being 
deaf.

Wolfgang.