Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema is not yet widespread??

From
Joe Gregorio <>
To
Adi Eio <>
Date
2005-03-16T15:29:47Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema is not yet widespread??
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:08:44 +0000, Adi Eio <> wrote:
> Hi
> I was wandering to how can I know the current extent of XML Schema on
> the Web. Because I saw a paper by Mignet et al (2003), that say:
> "conceptual schemas on the XML Web is not yet widespread: only 48% of
> the documents reference DTDs while the number of documents that
> reference XML Schema specifications is insignificant (0.09% of all
> documents)."

Is that % of all instances of documents in the wild, or a % of types
of documents
in the wild? If it is the former, I would not be suprised at that
number given that
the internet is awash in RSS files, for which there will never be a schema.

   -joe

-- 
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org