Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] newbie XUpdate how to use with java!

From
Alan Gutierrez <>
To
Uche Ogbuji <>
Date
2005-04-28T17:12:54Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] newbie XUpdate how to use with java!
* Uche Ogbuji <> [2005-04-27 22:48]:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 19:55 -0400, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> >     When a site is not updated at all for five years, and the
> >     e-mail addresses attached to the site are unresponsive, then
> >     XUpdate both looks and sounds like an "abandoned" duck.
> 
> [...]
> 
> > > I am concerned about one thing.  XUpdate needs a usable mailing
> > > list.  I'm at least grateful to this thread for making me think
> > > about that.  I certainly have no stake in XUpdate, but I like it
> > > enough that maybe I should...
> > 
> >     I set one up last year at  and it should still
> >     be up and running.

> Well, since the topic comes up again, what I have to say about it is
> here:

> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/6935

> I did find that a lot of the implementations still point to the old/dead
> site in their docs.  And I admit I do see how that gives people some
> reason for thinking the project is dead.

> I hope I've demonstrated that it isn't.  We'll see if we can't make that
> fact the more clear.

    Thanks for this. Good resource.

--
Alan Gutierrez - 
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/rss.2.0.xml
Next in thread → Next in month →