RE: [xml-dev] Oracle table to PDF using XML

From
Mukul Gandhi <>
To
Michael Kay <>,
Date
2005-05-26T10:09:20Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Oracle table to PDF using XML
Thanks a lot Mike for answer .. I'll study Saxon XSLT
processor's capability with regard to this
requirement. I am also studying DataDirect's product
also ..  

Regards,
Mukul

--- Michael Kay <> wrote:
> > 
> > I am also tempted to use XQuery for this. I know
> Saxon
> > provides a XQuery processor. Can I somehow use
> XQuery
> > processor to fetch data from Oracle table as XML?
> 
> Saxon's XSLT processor has a simple extension to
> allow you to fetch data
> from a JDBC connection and import it into a
> stylesheet. It's not currently
> available with the XQuery processor.
> 
> (I wrote this as a demo, and was a little surprised
> a few weeks ago when
> visiting a consulting client to find myself
> suggesting it as a solution to a
> real problem that came up one morning, and having
> the solution working 15
> minutes later...)
> 
> There are of course much more heavyweight solutions
> available, both from
> Oracle and from third parties, such as DataDirect's
> recent XQuery product
> announcements.
> 
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/
> 
> > 
> > Actually the real problem is - I have a Java
> program.
> > The Java program has to get "Oracle table data" as
> > XML. Then it should invoke FO engine providing
> this
> > "XML data" and "a XSL stylesheet" as input to
> produce
> > PDF document.
> > 
> > I request any suggestions to solve this problem ..
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Mukul
> > 
> > 
> > 		
> > __________________________________ 
> > Do you Yahoo!? 
> > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site
> > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
> > 
> >
>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
> > The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org
> <http://www.xml.org>, an
> > initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
> > 
> > The list archives are at
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
> > 
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the
> subscription
> > manager:
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/index.php>
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> 
>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
> The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org
> <http://www.xml.org>, an
> initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
> 
> The list archives are at
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the
> subscription
> manager:
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/index.php>
> 
> 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com