← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

License Feedback

From
Alan Gutierrez <>
To
Date
2005-08-16T02:21:00Z
ID
<>
Thread
License Feedback
I'm packaging a product for an open source release, and I would
    like to have some license suggestsions.

    The software is called Momento. It is file backed document
    object model that is integrated with Saxon. It has a few nifty
    features including, XUpdate, transactions, concurrent queries
    and updates, point-in-time recovery, and soon, B+Tree indices.

    I'm ready to release Momento for limited use, as an alterative
    document object model for Saxon. It should help people whose
    documents are starting to trigger out of memory exceptions to
    go a little further.
    
    Their feedback would help me find the 80/20, and finish the more
    complicated aspects.

    WHAT LICENSE???

    I'm considering Apache 2.0, BSD, MIT.

        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
        http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
        http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

    I'm asking here because you are the potential users. What
    licenses are desired in the XML community? What are the
    compatability issues? What is the tort climate like?
    
--
Alan Gutierrez - 
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/rss.2.0.xml
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread