RE: [xml-dev] basic qs - how is xml more flexible for exchanging data?

From
Anil Philip <>
To
Michael Kay <>, 'xml dev' <>
Date
2005-09-15T20:10:50Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] basic qs - how is xml more flexible for exchanging data?
I dont think you understood the post - I meant when
one transfers binary data (in a file or stream). I am
not referring to C compilers and it's not about
metadata or validation. Where are you now?

--- Michael Kay <> wrote:

> Two C compilers on different architectures would
> represent that structure
> quite differently. There's no data interchange there
> at all except between
> identical machines with identical compilers running
> identical applications;
> there's no scope for attaching metadata to the
> message; there's no scope for
> validation... Where have you been all these years?
> 
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/
> 
> 
> 



		
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
http://mail.yahoo.com