← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

2SimpleXML

From
Redefined Horizons <>
To
Date
2006-02-10T19:49:36Z
ID
<>
Thread
2SimpleXML
I don't want to set off another debate about subsets of XML, but I
wanted to post this for others benefit. :]

I have put up a rough draft of my specification for 2SimpleXML. Other
developers that are interested in using a simpler subset of XML might
want to take a look at it. I will be using 2SimpleXML in some
application development on one of my other projects, so I will be
maintaining the specification for the foreseeable future.

If others are interested in creating a more "official" version of the
specification that they can reference, I would be willing to do so.
(Although I'm not sure how this would be accomplished.)

I am open to constructive criticism and suggestions on the spec from
this group. I actually need help with a couple of things:

[1] Do I need to specify that documents in 2SimpleXML should be in a
standard character set, as they did for MinimalXML? If so which
charcter set should I use? I'm guessing it would be Unicode of one
sort or another...

[2] I would like to provide a way to escape the "<" and ">" characters
in the content of a 2SimpleXML element. I was thinking I would just
use the "\" character as my escape character. In this case the
following would be possible:

<sample> The "test" element in this line would not be recognized by a
2SimpleXML parser. /<test\>Testing\<\/test/><\sample>

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Scott Huey
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread