Re: [xml-dev] Running XSL through StylusStudio

From
Tony Lavinio <>
To
Jeff Sese <>
Date
2006-03-16T04:47:41Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Running XSL through StylusStudio
First, the best place for asking Stylus-related questions is
the free Stylus Studio Developer Network, at
http://www.stylusstudio.com/SSDN

Second, here's what's going on.  In order to support backmapping
and profiling and other debugging tools, we trap the output of Saxon
as a SAXResult.  But if you look in the source for Saxon at
net.sf.saxon.SerializerFactory, you'll see that an instance of
CharacterMapExpander isn't built when a SAXResult is the result.
It's only used for StreamResult.  Without that class as a wrapper,
character maps aren't expanded.

That explains the difference.

But never fear, we'll change that.  Somehow. :)


On 03-15-2006 8:51 PM, Jeff Sese wrote:
> Hi, I’m running an xsl using stylusstudio and I’m having a different output
> compared to the one I get running saxon using the command line.
> 
> I have an xsl that uses a character-map which simply escapes the ampersand
> character.
> 
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
> <xsl:character-map name="map">
> 	<xsl:output-character character="&#x26;" string="&#x26;"/>
> </xsl:character-map>
> <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" use-character-maps="map"/>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> 	<xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="*">
> 	<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
> 
> And using this xml as source:
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root>
> <data>&#x26;test;</data>
> </root>
> 
> Using saxon in the command line I get:
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root>
> <data>&test;</data>
> </root>
> 
> But using stylusstudio (using saxon as the xslt processor) I get this:
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root>
> <data>&amp;test;</data>
> </root>
> 
> What seem's to be the problem here???
> 
> Jeff Sese

-- 
Sincerely,
Tony Lavinio
Stylus Studio Principal Software Architect
http://www.stylusstudio.com/