RE: [xml-dev] Occurrence Question

From
Fraser Goffin <>
To
Date
2006-03-28T11:48:43Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Occurrence Question
Well ok for that use case probably not, perhaps my use of the word 'always' 
was a bit rash.

But in another case where I *do* have an 'Amanda Sproggins' on the payrol 
and if I explicitly wanted to model the absence of 'Amanda Sproggins' in 
some important context then I would *typically* :-) prefer to represent the 
'Amanda' instance concretely rather than assume absence has meaning (given 
that that piece of data not turning up could be for any number of reasons).

Fraser.

>From: "Michael Kay" <>
>To: "'Fraser Goffin'" <>,<>
>Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Occurrence Question
>Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:12:58 +0100
>
> > FWIW, from a style perspective I always prefer to create an
> > *explicit*
> > specification of a semantic rather than making assumptions about the
> > presence/absence of an information item !
>
>So if your company doesn't employ anyone called Amanda Sproggins, you would
>have an element to reflect this fact?
>
>Michael Kay
>http://www.saxonica.com/
>
>