Re: XML Performance in a Transacation

From
Jaakko Kangasharju <>
To
Date
2006-03-24T08:59:48Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: XML Performance in a Transacation
Rick Jelliffe <> writes:

> Last year I think there were reports of good speed ups in parsing in
> Java jsut from re-using SAX objects. (I think the research was
> academic from Eastern Europe, sorry no references.)

Do you mean the paper "An Adaptive, Fast and Safe XML Parser Based on
Byte Sequences Memorization" (http://www2005.org/cdrom/docs/p692.pdf)
by Toshiro Takase and others that was at the WWW conference last year?
Their parser caches the SAX events generated from a sequence of bytes
and then replays those events when encountering the same bytes (of
course taking into account context like prefix mappings).  They report
speedups of up to 70% compared to Piccolo.

-- 
Jaakko Kangasharju, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology
Hi!  I'm a signature virus!  Copy me into your .signature to help
me spread