Re: [xml-dev] Re: [Schematron-love-in] ISO Schematron Update (RETRY)

From
Fraser Goffin <>
To
Paul Spencer <>
Date
2006-05-22T14:57:22Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Re: [Schematron-love-in] ISO Schematron Update (RETRY)
Paul,

there is an xslt (attached) that produces xml output (it imports
skeleton). If you need a customised output then you are actively
encouraged to create your own implementation, at least, thats what we
did (its fairly easy).

Also we use the 1-6 implementation since this fixes a few bugs and
adds some features (let, id/keys, ...)

Regards

Fraser.

On 22/05/06, Paul Spencer <> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> > >A while back there was some talk of a possible XSLT implementation
> > >being available at some point too ?
> >
> > Works are in progress ... no announcements yet ... sorry for any
> > delay ... the development of implementations is independent of the
> > standardization process.
>
> I have used the old skeleton1-5.xslt. This is extremely useful, but had a
> couple of problems from my point of view. I don't know whether it is useful
> for you to know of these if you are doing a new version.
>
> The first is that I found I had to be very careful on the context of the
> rules to make sure that the right one was run. For example, I might write a
> rule for all elements A, then another for element A when it contained an
> element B. I'm sure you can see the problem - the prioritisation of XSLT
> templates would stop the first rule running if the A in question contained a
> B. The intention was for both to run. The workaround is easy, but it is easy
> to miss the problem, especially as I write my rules as a spreadsheet with a
> context for each rule (easier to review with business people) then create
> the Schematron automatically from that.
>
> The second problem is just the fact that skeleton1-5.xslt produces an HTML
> output. Producing an XML output is much more flexible. Not a problem for me
> to change, but it would be useful if this were the standard as HTML can
> always be produced from this.
>
> Paul Spencer
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
> initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
>
> The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
> manager: <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/index.php>
>
>