[xml-dev] Help on Creating Default Namespace using DOM Parser

From
Phillip Ryan C. Ganir <>
To
xml-dev <>
Date
2006-05-01T18:42:40Z
ID
<>
Thread
[xml-dev] Help on Creating Default Namespace using DOM Parser
Note: forwarded message attached.


Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 

Hi,

     I want to ask anyone how (or is it possible) to
create the default namespace with a different URI from
"http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" using DOM parser in
java (that from w3c). I've tried using
root.setAttribute("xmlns", "http://..."), but I'm just
getting an "xmlns" tag with just "" as URI. I also
tried 
root.setAttributeNS("http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/","xmlns","http://..."),
but I'm still getting the same.

     To illustrate, I'm getting:

<rootTagName xmlns ="" >

How do I get <rootTagName xmlns="http://..."> instead?

Thank you very much!

Phillip
 

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>

The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
manager: <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/index.php>