Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Request for book recommendations

From
Bob Glushko <>
To
"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <>
Date
2006-05-05T20:54:25Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Request for book recommendations
Len, thanks for plugging my Document Engineering book.   But since I once made a living as a consultant, perhaps we can rephrase what you said about our book "cutting through the 90 yards of consultancy BS."  I'd prefer to think that the book "distills consulting best practices in document/data analysis and modeling and makes them more accessible to practitioners."

Chris, the course I teach at UC Berkeley this semester is called "Document Engineering and Information Architecture."  You might find my syllabus, lecture notes and assignments useful --

  http://rosetta.sims.berkeley.edu:8085/sylvia/s06/view/243.complete

and some sample chapters from the book with other useful materials are at

http://docengineering.com/

And one more thing, if you're a member of OASIS you can buy the book at a 20% discount on the "members only" page.

-Bob Glushko




Next in thread → Next in month →