Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Unrestricted order and unrestricted cardinality?

From
Eric van der Vlist <>
To
Date
2006-06-21T10:09:38Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Unrestricted order and unrestricted cardinality?
Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 05:52 -0400, Frank Richards a écrit :
> Marielou wrote:
> > Is it possible to have unrestricted order and
> > unrestricted cardinality? the options <all> <sequence>
> > and <choice> dont make this easy. I have implemented
> > my schema using <sequence> to enable me to achieve the
> > unrestricted cardinality I require but this is not
> > what I need as each XML I am validating has a
> > different order. Is there some pattern i can use in my
> > schema to combine elements to achieve unrestricted
> > order and unrestricted cardinality? is there some
> > (probably )complex design which could get round the
> > limitations? please help! even if the answer is a
> > known "no this is most definately not possible with
> > the restrictions on XML schema please confirm!"
> >
> >   
> I suppose it's cheating to suggest using a DTD:
> 
> <!ELEMENT foo (bar | baz )*>

Which in W3C XML Schema is spelled:

<xs:element name="foo">
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
            <xs:element ref="bar"/>
            <xs:element ref="baz"/>
        </xs:choice>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Eric

-- 
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org            http://dyomedea.com
(ISO) RELAX NG   ISBN:0-596-00421-4 http://oreilly.com/catalog/relax
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next in thread → Next in month →