← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

SVG interoperability

From
Eric van der Vlist <>
To
Date
2006-06-15T09:55:59Z
ID
<>
Thread
SVG interoperability
Hi,

Am I missing something or is cross-browser SVG interoperability still a
dream?

For the upcoming book on Web 2.0 (http://web2.0thebook.org/) that I am
writing with a bunch of very smart people, I have done some a couple of
simple tests which seem to indicate that the Adobe SVG plugin is still
far away and that native support in Web browser often means silent
failures when a feature is not supported (which can arguably be
considered as worse than suggesting to install a plugin like we do when
there is no support at all).

I have summarized this in my blog
http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/2546_Too_many_SVG_profiles.item and
would be curious to know what your experiences are regarding SVG
interoperability.

Thanks,

Eric

PS: I will be leaving for XML Prague
(http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/2504_Web_2.0_at_XML_Prague.item)
tomorrow morning and will probably not answer my mails before Monday.

-- 
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org            http://dyomedea.com
(ISO) RELAX NG   ISBN:0-596-00421-4 http://oreilly.com/catalog/relax
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread