Re: [xml-dev] Xlink Isn't Dead

From
Dave Pawson <>
To
Ben Trafford <>
Date
2006-09-25T17:01:18Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Xlink Isn't Dead
Ben Trafford wrote:

>
>
>         However, XLink had a solution to this, and I think it was a 
> good one: linkbases. A well-designed linkbase with a "front-end" of 
> sorts in the markup could be a good step to solving the problem. And 
> languages like RDF and Topic Maps are a strong foundation for a good 
> linkbase, methinks.
>
>         I'm thinking we need to produce three things from these 
> discussions, if they're to have any value beyond navel-gazing:
>
>         1) A method of rendering links using existing stylesheet 
> languages, starting with CSS. And this method needs to enable 
> referencing to a linkbase.
>
>         2) A decision on a good linkbase framework. This framework 
> cannot preclude rendering of links. 

Bob Stayton has been here Ben?

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Olinking.html#DatabaseExample

Unsure how olink follows xlink, but I guess the linkbase ideas
tally moderately well.



HTH




regards 

-- 
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk