Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Reading binary formatted data

From
David Lyon <>
To
Vincent Forbes <>,
Date
2006-09-26T01:08:28Z
ID
<005301c6e108$4b354c90$0200a8c0@gtdhpepc>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Reading binary formatted data
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Vincent Forbes" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:31 AM
Subject: [xml-dev] Reading binary formatted data


> Hello,
>     I have a question dealing with reading binary formatted data.  I am 
> trying to interface with a legacy software system and its just not 
> feasible to upgrade the whole system in one night.  Suppose that the 
> data comes in two bytes, is it possible to define a the value of the 
> bits and place it in a tag from just two bits?  The data that XML has to 
> read  is strictly structured and I would like to write my schema off of 
> that.  Any help would be appreciated.

You've come to the right place....

yes of course that is possible....

David
Next in thread → Next in month →