RE: [xml-dev] Rick Jelliffe quotable quote on the purpose of schemas

From
Paul Spencer <>
To
Rick Jelliffe <>,
Date
2006-12-12T11:40:22
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Rick Jelliffe quotable quote on the purpose of schemas
Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> I don't think anyone is suggesting that all validation occur at once
> with fail-on-first-error.
> (Err, except, of course, that that is how some grammar systems work.)

You're right. It is just a hobby-horse of mine.  I leave the theory to
others - I just use the stuff and see it being mis-used so often. People
rejecting a 10,000 record message because one Social Security Number is
wrong. Then reject the re-submission because a person is called René and the
schema does not allow accents ...

When you say that that is how some grammar systems work, it is more to do
with the way people implement them, either in producing the processor or
using the processor.

Cheers

Paul