Re: [xml-dev] How to get XPath in a XSLT shylesheet

From
Rick Jelliffe <>
To
Date
2007-01-09T11:57:04Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] How to get XPath in a XSLT shylesheet
Michael Kay wrote:
> Existing elements will retain the prefix in the original document, the new
> element will have the prefix used by the stylesheet author. Once you get two
> sub-communities who prefer different prefixes (as with "xs" and "xsd")
> you're going to end up with documents that mix the two.
>   
Well, I don't expect many people use XSD to augment their XSDs, due to the
complication. But Michael is of course correct that the code is not 
robust (for
the maybe 0.0001% of documents that have multiple prefixes for the same
namespace in sibling elements.)

But I am interested in how many other vocabularies are regularly used 
with more
than one typical prefix. I guess html is the leading contender (no 
prefix in xhtml,
but prefix in other places).

Cheers
Rick