Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] Data length validations using DTD

From
Michael Kay <>
To
'Sudheshna Iyer' <>,
Date
2007-01-06T15:59:25
ID
<00f901c731ab$a3b6bfe0$6401a8c0@turtle>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Data length validations using DTD
You can't do this using DTDs. XML Schema was invented to fill this gap.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/ 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sudheshna Iyer [mailto:] 
> Sent: 06 January 2007 15:48
> To: 
> Subject: [xml-dev] Data length validations using DTD
> 
> How do I do the data length validations in DTD?
> 
> I want to restrict an element length using DTD. I was given 
> only the DTD and not the schema by our client and they 
> provided the doc with length restrictions.
> 
> DTD contains elements like the following:
> 
> <!ELEMENT myelement (#PCDATA)>
> 
> <!ELEMENT ShipTo (myelement)>
> 
> But "myelement" length should be restricted to 100 char. How 
> can I achieve this?
> 
> Thank you.
> 
> Sudheshna
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> Fixing up the home? Live Search can help 
> http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=im
> prove&locale=en-US&source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=WLMTAG
> 
> 
> ______________________________________________________________
> _________
> 
> XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS
> to support XML implementation and development. To minimize
> spam in the archives, you must subscribe before posting.
> 
> [Un]Subscribe/change address: http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
> Or unsubscribe: 
> subscribe: 
> List archive: http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
> List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php
>
Next in thread → Next in month →