Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] Schematron Best Practice: A Schematron schema's area ofresponsibility?

From
Len Bullard <>
To
'Rick Jelliffe' <>,
Date
2007-07-18T01:29:35Z
ID
<000001c7c8db$1c1eebd0$2904b4d8@c4u6h3>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Schematron Best Practice: A Schematron schema's area ofresponsibility?
If the system is sensitive to the time coupling of type creation and type
validation, no.  If not, yes.   To put it another way, I can type in XML
instances and an XML provider consumes them.  I do that when I am mocking up
screens and haven't decided how the tables should break down yet (document
oriented screen design).  So here, the schema is meaningless.  

OTOH, when I make a dataset in ASP, Visual Studio creates an XSD.  I never
see it.  Who uses it?  

len

From: Rick Jelliffe [mailto:] 

So when considering efficiency, are systems that promote, in
effect, no validation actually more "efficient" than systems that promote
effective partial validation...
Next in thread → Next in month →