Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] Schema: element's content should be different depending on it's position

From
Ilya Kazakevich <>
To
'Ilya Kazakevich' <>,
Date
2008-04-16T13:47:22Z
ID
<004301c89fc8$659a5d70$>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Schema: element's content should be different depending on it's position
I have found the solution.
"fixed" attribute.

:)


-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya Kazakevich [mailto:] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:32 PM
To: 
Subject: [xml-dev] Schema: element's content should be different depending
on it's position

Hello All,

I want to make schema in wich element's content should depend on element's
position.
i.e:

<request>
	<type>user</type>
	<login>link</login>
</request>

---OR---

<request>
	<type>group</type>
	<groupName>link</groupName>
</request>
------------

I am using <choice> now:
Example:


<choice>
	<sequence>
		<element name="type" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
			<!-- Only user allowed here! -->
		</element>
		<element name="login" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"
type="string" />
	</sequence>
	<sequence>
		<element name="type" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
			<!-- Only group allowed here! -->
		</element>
		<element name="groupName" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"
type="string" />
	</sequence>
</choice>

What can I do with "type"?

Thanks.

====================
Kazakevich Ilya,
DevExperts
====================


_______________________________________________________________________

XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS to support
XML implementation and development. To minimize spam in the archives, you
must subscribe before posting.

[Un]Subscribe/change address: http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
Or unsubscribe: 
subscribe:  List archive:
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php
Next in thread → Next in month →