Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Ordering in SAX filter

From
Mansour Al Akeel <>
To
Andrew Welch <>
Date
2008-05-31T00:51:48Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Ordering in SAX filter
Andrew Welch wrote:
> 2008/5/18 Mansour Al Akeel <>:
>   
>> I need to process some elements in a SAX filter only when a condition
>> occurs. The problem that this condition occurs later, and after all the
>> events for the elements I need to process are fired. For example:
>>     
>
> In the past when I've had this requirement I've either pushed all the
> events onto a stack until the condition comes along, or just parsed
> the document twice.
>
>   
How did you push the event on the stack? What object did you use to 
store the events?

>> I need to know if someone has a better and easier idea ?
>>     
>
> In Java 6 (or StAX in previous versions) you can peek() ahead - check
> the future events before they are fired for real:
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/stream/XMLEventReader.html#peek()
>
>
>
Next in thread → Next in month →