Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG require oneOrMore optional elements

From
Frank Cusack <>
To
Date
2008-07-16T00:47:15Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG require oneOrMore optional elements
On July 15, 2008 12:39:55 PM -0700 Frank Cusack <> wrote:
> Is it possible to require one or more from a list of optional elements?

What if I did this with attributes instead of elements?  (I wouldn't
change to attributes just to get the behavior I want; I am considering
using attributes anyway.)  Since attributes cannot be repeated anyway,
I'm thinking that the

  <oneOrMore>
    <choice>
      <attribute ... />
      <attribute ... />
      ...
    </choice>
  </oneOrMore>

pattern will do what I want.  With elements, the problem was that the
pattern itself doesn't prevent repetition of any given element.  Here
I'm taking advantage of the built-in restriction on non-duplication
of attributes to get my desired restriction.

I'm testing this now, but would like to know, *should* I expect this
to work?

-frank
Next in thread → Next in month →