Re: [xml-dev] Is "XML" an abbreviation or an acronym?

From
G. Ken Holman <>
To
Date
2008-08-24T12:20:13Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Is "XML" an abbreviation or an acronym?
At 2008-08-24 08:13 -0400, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
>Is "XML" an abbreviation or an acronym?
>
>In an XHTML document, should "XML" be marked up like this:
>
>    <abbr title="Extensible Markup Language">XML</abbr>
>
>or like this:
>
>    <acronym title="Extensible Markup Language">XML</acronym>

I always understood the rule that an acronym is an abbreviation that 
can be sounded out as if it were a word ... so I would call this an 
abbreviation.

I hope this helps.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal