Re: [xml-dev] Tradeoffs of XML encoding by enclosing all content in CDATA blocks

From
<>
To
Fraser Goffin <>
Date
2008-09-30T11:01:03Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Tradeoffs of XML encoding by enclosing all content in CDATA blocks
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I seem to be in the minority, but I think using CDATA-sections is
entirely reasonable when inserting large amounts of textual material
in an XML document.  Note I said 'textual material' -- this _does_
often contain ampersands, but close-enought-to-never contains the
catastrophic ]]>.  The same observation does _not_, of course, apply
to large amounts of binary data.

ht
- -- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: 
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
[mail really from me _always_ has this .sig -- mail without it is forged spam]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFI4gbvkjnJixAXWBoRAtTEAJsEysg69tq/waewaZA45kyNWjMk1gCdGm9N
zHYh6kWxwcLziqmewAngfKw=
=6VbY
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----