← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Use xsd to specify multiple instances of existing element
Hi all,
I'm trying to extend an existing schema. The existing schema provides a Category element that takes a 'term' and a 'scheme' (yes, it's an xsd attempt at an Atom schema). In my schema extension I'd like to specify that there will be two Category elements, one using a scheme of 'http://www.dig.com/privacy' that takes a term attribute of 'open' or 'private', and the second category element will take a scheme of 'http://www.dig.com/fishingType', taking a term attribute of either 'coarse' or 'open'.
Now, is it possible for an xsd schema to specify that these two elements must be present? I can see how to mandate the presence of two different elements, but these represent the same element but with different attribute combinations.
cheers,
Ian
--
Ian Mayo
PlanetMayo Ltd
I'm trying to extend an existing schema. The existing schema provides a Category element that takes a 'term' and a 'scheme' (yes, it's an xsd attempt at an Atom schema). In my schema extension I'd like to specify that there will be two Category elements, one using a scheme of 'http://www.dig.com/privacy' that takes a term attribute of 'open' or 'private', and the second category element will take a scheme of 'http://www.dig.com/fishingType', taking a term attribute of either 'coarse' or 'open'.
Now, is it possible for an xsd schema to specify that these two elements must be present? I can see how to mandate the presence of two different elements, but these represent the same element but with different attribute combinations.
cheers,
Ian
--
Ian Mayo
PlanetMayo Ltd
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread