Re: [xml-dev] Transformation of RelaxNG syntax into presentation of required markup

From
Rick Jelliffe <>
To
Date
2008-10-27T13:56:45Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Transformation of RelaxNG syntax into presentation of required markup
Michael Kay wrote:
> However much we
> feel this is unfair, it is a fact of life. And I agree that if source code
> is to stand much chance in the open-source world, it is going to have to be
> commented in English.
>   
Surely there are multiple half-way houses?

For example, inline comments in Czech but header comments and variable 
names in English.

I guess I am trying to approach it from the angle "What would a FOSS 
project need to provide, in order to make a workable repository for 
not-fluent-in-English developers to be comfortable working and 
developing in?"  

Or, perhaps, what is the minimal bootstrapping documentation a 
not-fluent-in-English FOSS developer needs to provide in order to have 
comprehensible code?   And, following from that, can source code 
documentation be Wiki-ized so that when developers figure out some block 
that they did not grok from the code they can add it without going 
requiring the source code to need recompilation and QA?

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe