RE: [xml-dev] Feasibility of "do all application coding in the XML languages"?

From
Rushforth, Peter <>
To
Dimitre Novatchev <>
Date
2008-12-03T20:56:16Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Feasibility of "do all application coding in the XML languages"?
Dimitre, 

> 
> I would be glad to assist you in producing your own parsers.

I believe my misunderstanding stems from another overloaded term:
parser.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsing

When I refer to my 'parser', it is really a java class that implements
the SAX XMLReader interface, and thus is not a parser in the same sense
of the word you are using it.

However,  I believe that the notion of parsers as you use it, and
especially
given your example JSON parser, is of value for geoprocessing, as an
adaptation
of this example would be useful for parsing GeoJSON documents into XML
for use in XSLT.

Thanks for the reference and offer.  I am a one man show when it comes
to Geofunctions so far, so your offer of help is  very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Peter Rushforth