← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Revisiting XML Profile

From
Rex Brooks <>
To
Date
2008-12-30T15:30:34Z
ID
<a06240807c57fef11e52a@[192.168.15.2]>
Thread
Revisiting XML Profile
Hi Folks,

I'm returning to this list after a long absence because I'm working 
on a Profile of an existing Standard specification, and I'm looking 
for the best, most accurate and usable definition for a Profile that 
fits this purpose.

It's been a couple/few years since I dropped off this list due to 
email overload, but this is a practical use case where finding a 
workable consensus might be very helpful. I don't want to go into the 
details at this point because I'd rather see the general case before 
I decide if I really want to ask to include a specific definition for 
the purposes of the spec we're writing.

My research to this point has not turned up such a terminology 
definition in existing profile specs, so before I suggest it is 
needed, where others have not tackled their own definitions, I also 
need to understand why it would preferable. Otherwise, we'll probably 
follow suit and duck the task.

Thanks,
Rex
-- 
Rex Brooks
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design
GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
Berkeley, CA 94702
Tel: 510-898-0670
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread