Re: [xml-dev] Including XHTML into another DTD?

From
G. Ken Holman <>
To
Date
2009-06-12T23:02:50Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Including XHTML into another DTD?
At 2009-06-12 14:56 -0400, Dan Vint wrote:
>So I know about namespace and how to define them and such, what I'm 
>trying to figure out is what is the best way to actually include 
>XHTML elements (for instance) into another DTD. I want to minimize 
>the impact on my DTD with as few entries as possible and I would 
>like to control where in my DTD these XHTML elements would be allowed.

Sounds like you need ISO/IEC 19757-3 NVDL:  http://www.nvdl.org

The Namespace-based Validation Dispatching Language allows you to 
specify the influence of different standalone document models in a 
single XML instance.

Have you looked into this yet?  It happens I'm just stepping away 
from my keyboard and am unable to write more at this moment.

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken


--
XQuery/XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video
Video lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18
Video overview:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal