Re: [xml-dev] an actual MS IE XSLT issue

From
Julian Reschke <>
To
Philippe Poulard <>
Date
2009-06-09T17:13:42Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] an actual MS IE XSLT issue
Philippe Poulard wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I see in the headers that the MIME type is text/html and the encoding is 
> ISO-8859-1 whereas in XML the declaration specifies utf-8
> 
> To avoid encoding troubles, you should send your documents with a MIME 
> type application/xml or others like those indicated in RFC-3023
> 
> As I understand, sending documents in text/html indicates to the HTTP 
> server that it can encode the document with a charset that is 
> potentially incompatible with those of the XML document; application/xml 
> let it send as-is
> 
> Though, not sure that this is related to your problem
> ...

No, it's not, and as far as I can tell, the content *is* sent as 
application/xml.

BR, Julian