>
> I'm sure there is a lot of good new stuff in XSLT 2.1 and
> it's great to see that it is moving on. The way I understood
> Rick, however, which may well be wrong, was that he did not
> want to move the OOXML documents to a new namespace (which
> your example seems to be doing), but to parametrize the XSLT
> stylesheet to cope with the new OOXML namespace his instances
> have already been moved into.
On the whole, I suspect that if people change the namespace, then something
else has probably changed too. So I think the pipeline approach where you
first normalize the XML into one version and then do the real processing is
often a better approach than trying to handle both versions within the same
stylesheet, even if there were the ability to parameterize the namespaces.
>
> As the very last resort, my shameless DPH advice would be:
>
> cp -r ooxml-xsl-v1 ooxml-xsl-v2
> perl -pi -e 's#old-ooxml-ns-uri#new-ooxml-ns-uri#g' ooxml-xsl-v2/*
>
> That would work instantly.
But it's error prone: there might be code lurking around that rejects the
document if it's in the wrong namespace, for example.
Regards,
Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay