Michael Ludwig wrote:
> Michael Kay schrieb:
>> Some people have been suggesting using a subset of XQuery syntax,
>> others have been saying it would be better to use XML syntax.
>>
>> It occurs to me one might achieve both objectives at the same time by
>> using a subset of XSLT syntax.
>
> Reuse is always good. Less new stuff to learn. Honestly.
>
I like this idea too (XSLT based syntax).
Question : This is "reuse" of a kind at the schema./documentation
level, although it would have to be re-documented because I suspect it
cant be 100% the same. BUT ... Could it also be "reuse" at the
application level ? Is there implementations (say saxon) where you can
parse an XSLT document and return it as an XDM Value ? That is,
suppose 'execute' the XSLT and have it "output" XDM in that
implementations native type system.
I don't know enough about XSLT to know the answer to that.
David A. Lee
http://www.calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org
812-482-5224