Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Profiling, diff and change tracking best practices?

From
Lech Rzedzicki <>
To
Date
2009-10-05T14:00:57Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Profiling, diff and change tracking best practices?
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Jim Tivy <> wrote:
> On this subject
>
> Is anyone aware of an open source or inexpensive java based Xml Diff that
> keeps going and can put the additions, deletions and changes inline in a
> different namespace.  I have used DeltaXml and like it, however the price is
> up there.

Perhaps a functionality of an otherwise excellent XML Editor,
OxygenXML[1] would suit you?
It's written in Java, but last time I checked I was a bit disappointed
by the limitation of extending through an API, again, they might be
enough for you. And I still use Oxygen every day, I just don't use the
API. It also integrates with Eclipse so that might be another route to
integrate.

Finally, from my experience at least, I would recommend using
Processing instructions to mark additions and deletions as they allow
a finer granularity, they also are used to track change in Oxygen and
Arbortext/PTC Epic so it seems a pretty popular way to go.

Lech
Next in thread → Next in month →