Re: [xml-dev] Content Assembly Mechanism (CAM)

From
Lech Rzedzicki <>
To
Date
2009-10-08T11:14:08Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Content Assembly Mechanism (CAM)
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM,  <> wrote:
> Olivier and Lech,
> Thanks for your questions.  Been a while since I've posted to the xml-dev
> list.

Really good to hear from you. Sometimes it's wothwhile to stir the
honet's nest alittle just to get an excellent response like yours.

> I think it is important firstly to determine what the role and purpose of
> each flavor of XML schema technology is, and hence what are the strengths
> and where you would want to match appropriately to what your needs are.
> So if I'm looking at XSD Schema, Relax NG, Schematron, and CAM for me its
> pretty clear.

You're absolutely right and having just re-read some of the
publications on CAM last night, I can clearly see now that the CAM
caters for a different use case.

> Can CAM do things that XSD + Schematron cannot do? Most certainly - it
> combines that into one technology.

I'll certainly be looking more into that, it might fit into an
ecosystem of what I'm doing really well.

Lech