Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] Relax NC, was: XML spec and XSD

From
Glidden, Douglass A <>
To
"" <>
Date
2009-11-18T12:37:12Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Relax NC, was: XML spec and XSD
From: Michael Sokolov [mailto:]
"I guess that's just to say that they seem to occupy different niches."

I agree with that 100%, and I would agree with you that that's how it should be.  I can certainly see how RNG is easier to learn quickly than XSD, and I think that's great and would not want it to change due to scope creep.  I have no problem with the idea that for _many_ applications, XSD is overkill and RNG would be vastly better.  What I'm struggling to understand is that some people seem to have a mentality that "XSD is fundamentally and universally bad and should never be used by anyone".  I don't think those people would agree with your statement above, but I'm trying to honestly figure out why those people think the way they do before writing it off as simple prejudice.

The sense I'm starting to get is that, for the most part, these people have become frustrated with being forced to use XSD in situations where it _would_ be far better to use RNG, and in their frustration, they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  If that's the case, I can totally understand that (I just wish those people would be a little less dogmatic about it! :-) ).

Doug Glidden
Software Engineer
The Boeing Company
Next in thread → Next in month →