Re: [xml-dev] MicroASCII proposal

From
Michael Fuller <>
To
Pete Cordell <>
Date
2011-01-13T10:18:04Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] MicroASCII proposal
I can't really see any value in rushing into this until, say, April
at the earliest.  We really need to evolve a consensus first.
Perhaps a draft RFC is appropriate? And a few robust implementations
would certainly help...

Michael
-- 
TeraText DBS Development, SAIC Pty Ltd.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 09:44:44AM -0000, Pete Cordell wrote:
> This is an interesting proposal Rick.  While I've no use for it myself,
> I recognise that I don't represent every programmer, and if someone like 
> you finds it useful, there are likely to be many others that would also 
> find it useful.
[...]
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "rjelliffe" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:36 AM
> Subject: [xml-dev] MicroASCII proposal
>
[...]
>> In order to do this, I am proposing MicroASCII. This would restore 
>> ASCII to its Latin essentials and reduce the insane repeats. 
>> Syntactical sugar such as K, Y and Z are no-brainers of course: I doubt 
>> that anyone will really miss them. But more recent fads such J, W and U 
>> are better off treated as presentation forms and taken care of by 
>> another layer: ASCII violates this basic separation of concerns. 
>> Indeed, the whole lower-case is redundant.
>>
[...]