Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] text nodes of document in XDM

From
David Lee <>
To
'Michael Kay' <>,
Date
2011-01-12T15:08:51Z
ID
<[email protected]>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] text nodes of document in XDM
This is getting to be a deep onion !

My first thought is that with a schema-aware parser that the type
information would be reconstructed when parsing the document.
But I suspect your referring to dynamically constructed nodes with type
information not associated with the document schema ...
Those would indeed be lost if the serialization didn't supply them.

"How bad is that" ? 
I'm suspecting its "pretty bad" if using a schema aware processor.

Ok back to the drawing board !


----------------------------------------
David A. Lee

http://www.xmlsh.org


-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:33 AM
To: 
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] text nodes of document in XDM



> And once the document is serialized, if I use standard document
> serialization  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-xquery-serialization/
> for the document node.   I don't know how to get the document *back* into
> the original XDM form.

You can't. Standard document serialization loses too much information, 
for example it loses the type annotations on the elements and attribute 
nodes.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

_______________________________________________________________________

XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS
to support XML implementation and development. To minimize
spam in the archives, you must subscribe before posting.

[Un]Subscribe/change address: http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
Or unsubscribe: 
subscribe: 
List archive: http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php
Next in thread → Next in month →