Re: [xml-dev] MicroASCII proposal

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
Date
2011-01-13T15:06:13Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] MicroASCII proposal
On 1/13/11 8:37 AM, Stephen Green wrote:
> Is this "reductio ad absurdum" spoken in jest on MicroXPath, etc?

Rick wasn't fond of simplification in 1999 either, so I'd guess yes.

> I guess the Micro-ing of almost everything 'XML' and beyond does
> make some sense for people implementing MicroXML wish to
> know what else they can implement as part of a related micro-culture
> more easily than if they had implemented full XML. Can they chop
> out implementation requirements in XSD/validation, XPath, XSLT,
> etc? I would think such people would already have a full
> implementation of ASCII before they started.

Yes - the comparison doesn't really work.

We could, of course, express all communications in binary.  That would 
be nicely minimal.  11101010101101010110011011010110.

-- 
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/