On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Ramkumar Menon
<> wrote:
> a) Why did we chose to have maxVersion be exclusive of the value?
> i.e.
> <element name="Price" vc:minVersion="1.1" vc:maxVersion="2.4"/>
> Its tricky for a person to read this as
> "Price" element will be removed on pre-processing if we are using XSD
> version 2.4.
I agree with you that this could be confusing.
But here are few points I can think of why this could be so:
1) I find having vc:maxVersion to be exclusive of value to have more
semantic correctness, than allowing vc:maxVersion to be equal to the
value.
2) I believe making vc:maxVersion exclusive of the value would cause
the schema in question less likely to break in future.
> b) Are we assuming that version numbers for XML Schema MUST be decimals, now
> and later? Exposing terms such as minVersion and maxVersion indicate so.
The vc:maxVersion and vc:minVersion numbers are xs:decimal as
specified in the spec [1]. Although I feel, the value space of
xs:decimal is probably too large for a concept like vc:maxVersion and
vc:minVersion, but xs:decimal seems to be the most appropriate
built-in type for these attributes.
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#cip
<quote>
Where they appear, the attributes vc:minVersion and vc:maxVersion
are treated as if declared with type xs:decimal.
</quote>
--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi