Re: [xml-dev] JSON query processing

From
Chris Burdess <>
To
David Lee <>
Date
2011-10-16T15:58:31Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] JSON query processing
David Lee wrote:
> I suggest you are contradicting yourself.
> If it only 'takes 5 minutes' to write such a program in the general case
> then why are there so many IT careers based on it ?

Because there are a lot of 5-minute programs to be written, and most of the time you're not writing the program but talking to the stakeholders to work out what needs to be converted into what.

> Please send me your 5 minute program that solves this problem in the general
> case.
> Or better yet, publish it so the world can use it, and put those armies of
> IT people to use solving non-trivial problems instead of trivial ones.
> 
> By 'solves' I suggest that as an axiom you have no control over *either*
> side of the equation, the JSON OR the XML.  So you must 'plug the hole' in
> the middle, invisibly to either side. I would like to see this trivial
> program that converts between an arbitrary JSON structure and an arbitrary
> XML structure.

I haven't claimed that such a program exists, and have even implied that it would not be desirable to do so ;)