← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Here's an online XSLT/XPath application of fuzzy matching -- Transit at your fingertips

From
Costello, Roger L. <>
To
"" <>
Date
2013-02-08T12:54:29Z
ID
<>
Thread
Here's an online XSLT/XPath application of fuzzy matching -- Transit at your fingertips
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I told you about the fuzzy matcher that Roger Cauvin implemented in XSLT/XPath.

I received an email from Roger Cauvin and he told me:

    I've been using the fuzzy matcher in one of 
    my apps (see www.dadnab.com) for about 
    five years, and it has served me well.

I checked out his web site and it is awesome:

    What is Dadnab?

    Use Dadnab to get transit directions by 
    text message. Send your origin, destination, 
    and optional departure or arrival time. 
    Within seconds, directions will appear in 
    your inbox.

He does fuzzy matching on the origin and destination values. Here's what he says:

    The XSLT is all on the server side, and 
    it's used for pretty much all the text 
    processing.  The fuzzy matching is used 
    to find the best match for the origin and 
    destination.

Very cool.

/Roger
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →