← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

XSLT as a Web (browser) Scripting Language

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
"" <>
Date
2013-08-12T17:41:58Z
ID
<>
Thread
XSLT as a Web (browser) Scripting Language
Delpratt O'Neill and Michael Kay must have really impressed me with 
this, because I woke up this morning from dreaming about it.  It's way 
more than the usual XSLT engine included in browser story (though there 
are issues there too - 
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/zIg2KC7PyH0>).

I put up an article introducing their story, with links to key pieces, 
notably their XML Prague and Balisage papers as well as demos, at:

<http://programming.oreilly.com/2013/08/using-xslt-2-0-as-a-web-scripting-language.html>

I have a weird feeling that I'm going to need to write a piece that 
explains JavaScript event handling and templating using XSLT to show 
readers how it works before diving into the JavaScript.  This feels clearer.

Balisage really does change your life sometimes.

Thanks,
-- 
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →